Sunday, June 30, 2013

Healin' in the Heartland

After the tornado on May 20, Blake Shelton and many other Oklahoma (and non-Oklahoman) country music artists got together to form a benefit concert: Healin' in the Heartland.

My friend, Karen, and I decided that we wanted to try and get tickets. Karen was on the computer all morning and when the tickets went on sale at 10 am. She was on there and snagged us four tickets! 

We were so pumped because we later found out that all of the tickets sold out in 30 seconds. 

We each got a ticket then both invited someone to go with us. I decided to take my mother in law. You see, she is OBSESSED with Reba. The last time Reba was in Tulsa she wasn't able to go. Well, Reba was at Healin' in the Heartland. I knew she would be thrilled to go so Lee and I decided to buy her ticket. 

It was a Wednesday night so we drove back into OKC that evening. 

The concert included: Blake Shelton, Reba, Miranda Lambert, Darius Rucker, Vince Gill, Usher, and one of the guys from One Republic. 

They filmed the concert live for television, but after that was over they had another concert just for us. It was AMAZING. 

People, I saw Usher. Live. 

Be still my heart. 

Karen and her friend

Me and Tracey (Please ignore that we are completely soaked!!! It was storming.)

The stage

The Queen of Country: Reba!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking a little peek into my life. I'd love to hear from you :)