My name is Heather and these are my top 10 reality t.v. show addictions:
1. "Jersey Shore": Yes, as trashy as it is (I know...) I compulsively watch with anticipation of the next episode. I'm going through the 5 stages of grief right now as the season finale was last week :( Best part of the Jersey Shore? 2 things: 1) Pauly D being the funniest person on television. NO LIE! 2) Wishing/Hoping that Snooki & Vinny become bf/gf.... If they don't next season I will be very disappointed!
3. "Keeping Up with the Kardashians": Also including, but not limited to: "Kourtney and Khloe take Miami" and "Kourtney and Kim take New York." We will just have to see about "Khloe and Lamar." I don't know where to even start or what to say about these people. I often sit and watch their shows and just think
or say out loud "these people can NOT be for real." I really do think that too. By no means do I think their shows are scripted because you can script a mouth/vocabulary such as Khloe Kardashian. But I do think certain arguments or situations are provoked. Entertaining none the less. With Kim always being the center of attention, Kourtney and her insanely cute baby and wacko baby daddy, and Khloe's crude sense of humor (and language)...It's addictive!
4. "Holly's World": I loved Holly Madison on "The Girls Next Door" (yes, I know...Don't judge me!) She was always the pretty perfect girlfriend. When she left the mansion and got her own show I was excited. Season 1 was slightly disappointing. I will have to admit that it was disappointing because there wasn't enough "drama" involved in her life. It seemed so boring compared to other reality shows. But this season is shaping up to be much better than the previous. Not because there is lots of drama, but just because they have more going on in their lives. My only complaint: Laura Croft. Oh my lands. I think the poor girl lost her brain. Honestly. She is an air head to say the least.
7. "The Rachel Zoe Project": I love love love this show! And Rachel Zoe!! She is a close second to Bethenny Frankel as the funniest woman alive. Rachel Zoe, also, has the sarcastic, witty, sense of humor & I love it. Rachel Zoe is a celebrity stylist who works with everyone in the industry. The show is based on following her and her clients, her attending fashion shows, her designing her faux fur line, her styling people during fashion week, red carpet events, and everything stressful involved in fashion. One thing I love about her show is she is always give budget friendly fashion tips for the "average girl." Biggest down-fall of the show: her language. I sometimes have to fast forward (because you know I don't watch live t.v. thanks to DVR) thru some parts because her mouth can be too much.
10. "19 Kids and Counting": I truly have a love/hate relationship with this show. I love the show. I love their values and things they represent. I love that in all times they praise, thank, and acknowledge God. BUT... I hate that they have 19 kids. I feel bad for the 19 kids they are not getting enough individual attention from their parents. The fact that Jim-Bob (the dad) has SAID ON THE SHOW that he cannot list all of his kids birthdays because he just can't remember. That's sad! I hate that the older kids help raise their younger siblings. It's great when your older children want to help, but it's unacceptable when you have so many children that you RELY on your older kids to even raise all 19. I especially hate that they have no limits as to how many kids they will have. There IS a limit to what is considered "safe" for the female body. When Michelle's (the mom) life (along with the baby she is carrying) is in danger during pregnancy she needs to draw the line there. I understand with her last pregnancy it was a gallbladder issue, but her gallbladder isn't the only thing to blame for her blood pressure problem. The older she gets, and keeps having kids, the more unsafe it will become. Be responsible.
It is funny to me that I talk about these people and these shows like I know them. I talk like we are BFF's and have a personal relationship with them. I need to get a life. haha! But until then, I will watch my shows and gossip and gab about these same shows to my other "reality t.v. junkie" friends. Especially one in particular (because she watches almost all of these same shows! and by most I mean 7 of the 10 listed)