Thursday, April 19, 2012

steps 1-2-3

Part of my "job" as a SAHM (stay at home mom) is cleaning the house...laundry...dishes...etc. I am very capable of doing most of those things. Actually, I'm capable of doing all of those things. Except when they all need to be done at the same time :-/ 

I'm the worst at procrastination of housework. I know this is something I rant and rave about on here all the time. But I really just can't stand it. And to those of you that know me very well, that statement comes as no surprise. As my husband so lovingly put it one evening, I am the "least motivated person" he knows. HAHA! To some that may be offensive. I, on the other hand, busted out in laughter because it is TRUE! :) 

I hate anything that requires more than one step. For example, if the laundry could fold itself and put itself away - I could totally wash and dry clothes all day, every day! No biggie! But that just isn't the case.

Then there are the dishes. I rinse the dishes. I put the dishes in the dishwasher. I tell myself "I'll start it right before bed." IT NEVER FAILS- I always forget to start the dishwasher!!!! 

Anything that has more than one step, leaves time for my mind to wander.

Dusting - I can do. 
Vacuuming - Got it! 
Putting toys away - No biggie.
 Making the bed - totally sometimes happens!

But when there is step 1-2-3...

Clothes sit in the laundry baskets for days weeks waiting to be folded.
Dishes sit in the dishwasher waiting to be washed.
It's a problem.

Then I see things like this on Pinterest. This chart is supposed to help you clean a little bit every day so your house stays clean from day to day.   


YEAH - RIGHT!!! First of all, the chart gives me a headache just reading it. Second of all, cleaning is never just "30 minutes" with a 10 month old chasing you around screaming "ma ma ma ma, baby! ma ma ma ma!"

I tell myself every week, "Next time, I'll fold laundry as I go." Never happens. I tell myself, "I'm going to just pause the dishwasher for a minute and re-start it." Never happens. 

I need to make goals to keep my house cleaner so I can spend more time playing and less time worrying about cleaning. 

But as I sit here and read all the "complaining" I just did about cleaning, I guess I should be thankful I have all these things to even worry about keeping clean. 

Thankful we have a house.
Thankful we have food to dirty up our dishes.
Thankful for a husband who has a job to provide for us and make his clothes dirty so that they need washed. 

hmm.. I guess steps 1-2-3 could be worse


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking a little peek into my life. I'd love to hear from you :)