Saturday, March 10, 2012

M.I.A.

These past (almost) two weeks I have been M.I.A. These past, (almost) two weeks have been miserable!

 Last Tuesday, Hadley was taking a nap in her swing. We had plans to meet Lee for lunch so we needed leave the house in about fifteen minutes. I bent down to pick her up and POP! Something in my back popped and I couldn't stand up straight. Luckily, the swing was there for me to hold on to or I probably would have just collapsed to the ground, in pain! I think this is what people refer to as "throwing their back out." I've never had this happen. In fact, I've never had back problems at all!!! I guess I bent down too far? Too quickly? I don't know why it happened this time as opposed to others since Hadley has been using her swing since she was born almost nine months ago? So strange and incredibly painful. 

Needless to say, I had no idea how to handle the situation. It took me fifteen minutes to even gain my composure and stand up straight. So now, we are late for lunch! I get Hadley out of her swing somehow , change her clothes, and get her into the car.

I decide to go to the chiropractor. I know, some people love chiropractors and others are completely against them. I have always had a great experience going to the chiropractor. Granted, I always went to have my jaw adjusted because I have T.M.J.  I, also, went to have the occasional rib put back in place. I never went for back trouble. I found a new chiropractor where I'm living now. Luckily, they fit me in that day!!!

Now, here we are: eleven days and three adjustments later and I still hurt! Well, let me rephrase that... I feel better some days then other days I start hurting again. Is this how it's going to be from now on??? Say it ain't so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking a little peek into my life. I'd love to hear from you :)